Be a guest on The Queer Spirituality Podcast
Interested in being a guest on my podcast? Please read below to learn more about what I'm looking for in a podcast guest. You will also find a link to a simple questionnaire to proceed.
You most likely found this page because myself or a member of my team contacted you about being a guest or you found your own way here because you wanted to learn about being a guest. Thank you for your interest. I've created this page to give some information about what I look for in a guest, who might be a good fit to be a guest and how the process works. At the end of this text, you'll find a link to a simple questionnaire. I ask that you complete it even if you were invited as it provides some background information that will make our interview go more smoothly. It also provides some information to my team that will be useful when we plan to promote the episode.
About The Queer Spirituality Podcast
The Queer Spirituality Podcast is focused on how LGBTQ+ people approach the divine. In particular, we explore spiritual topics on the divine nature of queerness. This is a podcast about spiritual paths that go further than merely accepting or tolerating queerness but rather elevate and celebrate it for the wonderful gift it is. This podcast isn't about any particular spiritual path so much as about the unique spiritual paths that LGBTQ+ people have tread over the years and through history. The podcast intro says it best:
This podcast is about an idea. It’s the radical idea that queerness is a gift and that the Divine celebrates it rather than merely accepts it We’ll explore the special role that queer people are meant to play in the coming spiritual awakening. Through the lives and stories of queer people, we’ll explore the many ways of approaching the divine and how the sacred reveals itself in everyday actions. Most of all, this is a podcast about love. It’s about the love of the Universe, it's about love between people and it’s about the love a community can share with one another.
You're probably a fit to be a guest if...
- You're a LGBTQ+ person with an inspiring story about your spiritual journey and your relationship with the Divine
- You have stepped into a leadership role in the LGBTQ+ community and have insights to share around building community and supporting one another
- You work as a spiritual practitioner, coach or other professional and your work deals with issues of importance to the LGBTQ+ community
- You're an LGBTQ+ ally who has something inspiring to share about your allyship. (Generally speaking, there is a preference to hearing directly from LGBTQ+ people first, but allies will be considered.)
You're definitely not a fit if...
- You're looking to promote cryptocurrency, a multi-level marketing scheme or a franchise
- You just want to talk about your programs, courses or other things that you sell.
- Your spiritual path only tolerates LGBTQ+ people or your view of the divine requires LGBTQ+ to deny part of their identity
- Your message focuses on fear, judgement or blame.
Helpful Information & Tips
Your interview will be conducted over Zoom. Please be sure that you have a good Internet connection and a quality microphone. This can be a lavalier mic or a good quality USB podcasting microphone. The primary importance is the audio quality of the call. The video will not be used.
If you run a business relevant to the audience of my podcast, you may wish to offer some type of freebie or lead magnet. If you choose to do so, we’ll mention it prominently in the interview and include the link in the show notes.
I do ask that you share the link to your episode in as many ways as possible such as social media, your email list, your website, etc. I do not require a particular number or frequency of shares. I just appreciate you spreading the word. I will share the episode artwork in various formats for your use.
If you want your episode to be discovered by more people, I recommend that you rate my podcast on Apple podcasts and/or Spotify. This is not required to be a guest.
If you are still interested in proceeding, please complete the following short questionnaire.
After you've completed the questionnaire, if you were invited or your questionnaire suggests you'd be a great fit, I'll reach out to schedule an interview. Thanks!